Wednesday, November 9, 2011

With Winter Coming, Think Scottsdale!

November 9th, 2011 by Larry Olmsted
ShareThis

Scottsdale is overflowing with great golf courses. My favorite is the 36-holes at We-Ko-Pa
Here in the northeast we have already been belted with Old Man Winter, and it is just the middle of fall. New York City broke its all-time snowfall record for October, and overnight temperatures where I live have been consistently below freezing. That means it the time of year when my friends and long lost acquaintances starter emailing me and asking where they should plan their winter golf vacation.
In a word, Scottsdale.
I’ve been giving this a lot of thought. There are any warm weather destinations I love for golf, mainly the Dominican Republic, both coasts of Mexico, Hawaii, the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Vegas.
But I keep coming back to Scottsdale. No place, and I mean no place, has such a concentration of outstanding courses. There is plenty of golf in Myrtle Beach and Virginia Beach, but there is not world class golf, like in Scottsdale, which has more great courses than the entire State of Hawaii.
Read entire article 

No comments:

Post a Comment